Did you know? North Kansas City is not just a geographical location referring to the northern part of Kansas City, MO. It is a city in Clay County, MO that takes up just under five square miles. While only a few thousand people reside North Kansas City, nearly 25,000 people work in NKC. It is home to hundreds of companies of all kinds including Cerner’s world headquarters, Harrah’s, North Kansas City Hospital, BNSF Railway Company, and Helzberg Diamond’s headquarters.
If you haven’t been to North Kansas City lately, there are some really cool places to check out:
- Cinder Block Brewery offers a full tap room with many different kinds of beers on tap and barrel aging program.
- Macken Park offers Friday in the Park in the summer time which is live music each Friday
- Screenland Theatres on Armour Road is an eclectic theater with a lot of charm, local art, comfortable seating, and a selection of craft beers.
- Restless Spirits Distilling Company where you can try handcrafted spirits. You can take a tour of their facility and taste test a variety of libations.
- If you are in to rock climbing and trying new things, ROKC is the place for you and your family to check out. This is a locally established climbing gym with a state of the art facility. Whether it’s your first time climbing or you are an expert, they have a program for you.
- Chicken N Pickle on Burlington is fun for everyone! Like pickleball? Not sure what pickleball is? They will teach you. If you are looking for a good time with friends and family, wood-fired rotisserie chicken, and pickleball, this is the place for you.
This blog is provided by Windward Private Wealth Management Inc. (“Windward” or the “Firm”) for informational purposes only. Investing involves the risk of loss and investors should be prepared to bear potential losses. No portion of this blog is to be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell a security or the provision of personalized investment, tax or legal advice. Certain information contained in the individual blog posts will be derived from sources that Windward believes to be reliable; however, the Firm does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of such information and assumes no liability for any resulting damages.
Windward is an SEC registered investment adviser. The Firm may only provide services in those states in which it is notice filed or qualifies for a corresponding exemption from such requirements. For information about Windward’ registration status and business operations, please consult the Firm’s Form ADV disclosure documents, the most recent versions of which are available on the SEC’s Investment Adviser Public Disclosure website at www.adviserinfo.sec.gov.