Senior Wealth Manager
Chief Investment Officer
Steve is the Chief Investment Officer and a Senior Wealth Manager with Windward Private Wealth Management. With more than 35 years of financial industry experience, he brings his background in tax planning and investing to all his work with the firm’s clients. Currently, Steve focuses on addressing his clients’ wealth management needs and making sure that they have a plan that will keep them on track to achieve their most important goals. He particularly loves sharing his knowledge in a way that helps increase clients’ comfort with their financial situation.
Steve began his career in the financial industry as a Certified Public Accountant. Ultimately, he decided to shift from a practice dedicated to income tax and accounting work to a more consultative role that allowed him to get more deeply involved in all the details of a client’s total financial situation. Now, he relies on his extensive experience working with individual and small businesses to provide advice on a wide range of financial, income tax and general business issues.
Steve, who has four adult children, lives with his wife, Gayle, in Gladstone, Missouri. He enjoys both playing and watching tennis, spectator sports and travel. As a business and investment geek, he can’t get enough of Shark Tank or CNBC.
Education and Certifications
- B.S., Accounting, Kansas State University
- A.A., Business, Dodge City Community College
- Certified Public Accountant
- Series 7 and Series 66 Security Licenses
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Missouri Society of CPAs
- Board Member, North Kansas City Business Council
- Board Member and Past President, North Kansas City Rotary Club
- NAPFA-Registered Associate